I ordered the Hampton Loft System with couch for my 10 year old son because it was listed at a terrific price online.. I even called and spoke with an employee at PB teens to verify that this was indeed that sale price of this furniture, and she stated that “yes, it was correct.” I then went ahead and ordered the bed online.

My 10 year old son was so happy & excited to get his new bed and I was thrilled because I could now afford to buy this bed he wanted at a great sale price... well the next night I receive an “email” from the VP of PBTeens stating that the price was a mistake, and “We apologize if this has cause any frustration or a poor service experience “ REALLY? That’sit?? I will now have to inform my 10 yr old that he will not be getting the bed he was so excited to get and had his heart set on.

I am so upset & frustrated as a parent, to say the least! I know applicable law states that the company should legally honor my order summary for what they charged my credit card, but that’s really not a battle I’m able to fight at this time. Lesson learned! I will never again purchase anything from this company...

such poor business! Shame on you PBTeens!!!

Review about: Pbteen Sofa.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Identical issue with a bedroom set for my kids. Hoping they will resolve the issue.

According to one employee the sale was good, another told me it was a mistake and they do not need to honor it, another told me they do need to honor it.

I have had some helpful employees and some rude. Hoping I will get a resolution that is in good faith

I too had this happen to me however I never got an email for this system. I logged into the system tonight to look at another order, to be surprised that they had cancelled my order for the loft bed and of course kept the mattress for the bed on my order.

I am having a hard time understanding why I would need a mattress without the bed. I am also wondering why I never got an email saying it was cancelled. I dont think the email you got was an appropriate response either. When I go to any store and they have advertised a price, it doesnt matter if it was wrong, I get the item for that price.

I am beyond frustrated but do not understand the customer service and how the situation can be rectified. I would like to hear more about the applicable law regarding the purchase especially since I had a confirmation number for the item.

I can’t see cancelling the order as a decision a “senior VP” would ever make. This sounds like a company full of kids whose last customer service job was cashier at KFC. Stay away from shady companies like this!

Legally, they should honor what they put out there. It was their error, and under applicable law, I had a valid contract.

The bottom line is, a quality business would have done the right thing and honored the price, because it was their mistake. I will never buy from Pottery Barn again.